Medical technical training
La Cooperativa Humanitaria is composed of a team of professional aid workers which design and implement different kinds of medical trainings addressed to those humanitarian organizations willing to empower their staff, enhance their capacity and quality of response to medical emergencies.
To empower and train medical staff working in the field with humanitarian organizations.
The contents of the trainings will be defined according to the needs, operational strategies and technical policies of each humanitarian organization.
The training can develop the following subjects in a general way or in a more depth way, according to the agreed duration:
- Rapid Assessment in emergencies: detection and investigation of alerts.
- Management and implementation of medical and mental health activities in emergencies, both in conflict situations or in natural disasters.
- Management of outbreak response in emergency settings, curative and preventive matters.
- Knowledge and management of different response strategies in front of nutritional crises.
The methodologies defined and used are based on experience learning, with the principles of horizontality and involvement as a starting point.
All facilitators from La Cooperativa Humanitaria are willing to share their knowledge and experience acquired in the field with all participants in order to boost meaningful learning and get the student actively engaged in his/her learning experience.
While designing and implementing all our medical technical trainings, we aim for the maximum training quality and facilitate new knowledge acquirement. This is the main objective which leads us to integrate different learning methods including:
- Case studies based on real humanitarian emergencies and own experiences
- Group discussions
- Simulations or demonstrations on the use of original material
- Role plays
- Skill practices in individual and group exercises
- Project design frameworks or action plans
- Design of new Medical PPD for Doctors Without Borders (MSF-OCBA)