Logistics technical training
La Cooperativa Humanitaria is composed of a team of professional aid workers which design and implement different kinds of logistics trainings addressed to those humanitarian organizations willing to empower their staff, enhance their capacity and improve the quality of response to humanitarian emergencies.
To empower and train logistics staff working in the field with humanitarian organizations.
The contents of the trainings will be defined according to the needs, operational strategies and technical policies of each humanitarian organization.
The training can develop the following subjects in a general way or in a more depth way, according to the agreed duration:
- Rapid Assessment in emergencies: support logistics, supply chain, shelter and water and sanitation
- Management and implementation of support logistics activities in humanitarian projects.
- Supply Chain Management in emergency settings.
- Design and implementation of mass distribution strategies.
- Design and implementation of mass vaccination campaign strategies.
- Design and implementation of different WASH (Water, hygiene and sanitation) strategies in emergency settings.
- Design and implementation of shelter and site planning in emergencies
The methodologies defined and used are based on experience learning, with the principles of horizontality and involvement as a starting point.
All facilitators from La Cooperativa Humanitaria are willing to share their knowledge and experience acquired in the field with all participants in order to boost meaningful learning and get the student actively engaged in his/her learning experience.
While designing and implementing all our logistics technical trainings, we aim for the maximum training quality and facilitate new knowledge acquirement. This is the main objective which leads us to integrate different learning methods including:
- Case studies based on real humanitarian emergencies and own experiences
- Group discussions
- Simulations or demonstrations on the use of original material
- Role plays
- Skill practices in individual and group exercises
- Project design frameworks or action plans
- PPD Logistics technical week for Doctors Without Borders (MSF-OCBA), 2016
- Design and implementation of new PPD Logistics technical week for Doctors Without Borders (MSF-OCBA), 2017
- Logistics in Humanitarian Emergencies for IDHA Fordham University