Humanitarian emergency response training
La Cooperativa Humanitaria is composed of a team of professional aid workers with different profiles (emergency coordination, security management, medical technicians, water and sanitation technicians and supply specialist), which are able to design and implement different kind of emergency response management trainings addressed to those humanitarian organizations willing to empower their staff, enhance their capacity and improve the quality of their response to different emergency scenarios.
To empower and train, from a technical and operational point of view, staff involved or willing to get involved in humanitarian emergency responses in the field.
The contents of the trainings will be defined according to the needs, operational strategies and technical policies of each humanitarian organization.
The training can develop the following subjects in a general way or in a more depth way, according to the agreed duration:
- Initial Needs Assessment in emergencies.
- Response strategies to outbreaks. Mass vaccination campaign.
- Response strategies to Malnutrition
- Response strategies to Natural Disasters.
- Response strategies to complex emergencies.
The methodologies defined and used are based on experience learning, with the principles of horizontality and involvement as a starting point.
All facilitators from La Cooperativa Humanitaria are willing to share their knowledge and experience acquired in the field with all participants in order to boost significant learning and get the student actively engaged in his/her learning experience.
While designing and implementing all our emergency response trainings, we aim for the maximum training quality and facilitate new knowledge acquirement. This is the main objective which leads us to integrate different learning methods including:
- Case studies based on real humanitarian emergencies and own experiences
- Group discussions
- Simulations or demonstrations on the use of original material
- Role plays
- Skill practices in individual and group exercises
- Project design frameworks or action plans
- ERT (Emergency Response Training) for Médécins Sans Frontières, OCG and OCBA